DotX can develop complete mechatronic systems, i.e. including mechanical and electronic hardware. We have developed:
- Camera Measurement Systems for steel coil inspection
- testbeds for sensors
We are developing:
- improved extrusion temperature control for a 3D printer
- cable driven manipulator (for training wild animals)
The Camera Measurement System (CMS) is a high-resolution vision system built in coorperation with Tebulo (www.tebulo.com). CMS can accurately measure the 3D coordinates of both small and large objects.
The CMS system uses a laser (number 2) to project a line (3) on an object (here: the tennis ball). It then makes a photo with its camera (1).
The CMS software then detects the laser light projection points and computes the exact coordinates of these points. Subsequently, this information is processed further into relevant data. For instance, in case of a tennis ball, CMS can measure its diameter.
Applications of the CMS system include :
- the measurement of a steel coil’s centre of gravity location
- determination of the amount of loose wraps on steel coils
- telescoping (sizes)
- strip thickness
- strip profile
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5 mm
- Measurement distances from CMS to object: 0.01 – 5.00 m
- Software: coded in C++ Communication with external hardware: Ethernet and Profibus
DotX designed and produced a testbed for a wind turbine manufacturer to analyse the low-frequent behaviour of acceleration and rotational speed sensors.
An accurate stepper motor (number 1, in photo below) drives a belt. The belt is connected to a mounting frame (number 2) for the accelerometer. In addition, the belt drives a rotating shaft (number 3). This shaft can be connected to a rotor speed sensor.
Watch the movie: